Wednesday, August 27, 2008

YA RABBI

Ya Rabbi keep me always on your straight way
I’ll pray tomorrow as I prayed today and yesterday

Fill my heart with your love and none but yours
With it I’ll love all brothers and sisters in your cause

All the burdens of disturbance, irritation, and frustration
Go and vanish when I bow my head for you in prostration

Ya Rabbi grant me patience and strengthen my belief
For none but you can ease my deep sorrow and grief

Ya Rabbi I ask you again and again with tearful eyes
Not protesting against your will for I know you’re the wise

You are the merciful, then, have mercy on my weakness
Straight me, restore my heart and heal my soul’s sickness

Neither the moon nor the stars will lit the dull of my night
Not even the brightening sun; but your guidance is the light

Ya Rabbi; from you what is within me is not concealed
Whether I will hide my feelings or not they’ll be revealed

You are the only one who can hear my silent screams
And only with your will I will realize all my dreams

With regret I turn to you, with a shameful face full of tears
Pardon me and forgive my tongue, my eyes, and my ears

All I see around, all the creation to your highness is a sign
I believe in your greatness and that you are Allah the one

Written by:Sister Mehr :)

No comments: